Monday, December 20, 2010

Auto-Correction Software

Dear Texting Auto-Correction Software,

You have always been there for me through the hardest of times and the
easiest of times. You have corrected my typos and helped guide me
towards finding the correct spelling of many difficult words. However,
I have reached my tipping point.

When I begin to type in a word, such as “sh*tty” (commonly used as an
adjective to describe how my day is going and/or how I feel at that time), you
automatically change it to “shorty”. This has become a problem. I,
like so many other people, find it acceptable to curse from time to
time. I think that one should definitely set personal limitations when it comes to
cursing, but I still think that people should be able to say and write
whatever their hearts desire. I would truly appreciate it if you could
look the other way whenever I felt the urge to be vulgar and
socially unacceptable. They aren’t your words; they’re mine.


Much Obliged,

Matthew Thomas Cornwall

No comments: