Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Change

Woke up again this morning, you weren't there,
Dreamt of change, within me, within you,
Subtle yet not, it's you that brings this out in me,
Soft caresses, your skin calls for my touch,
My soul, as vulnerable as a newborn baby,
Guards were down, I let you in,
Mistake it may have been, know not unless you try,
Dreams become desirable, dreams become me,
World without boundaries, a world without pain,
Pain waits for me to awake; it has seemed to replace you,
This pain I do not desire, I long for days without worry,
Words and books postpone my immediate focus,
Faith I do not have, come and gone over the years,
Yearning, this I have, what is it that I yearn for?
Completeness, to feel whole, to embrace a change,
Challenge my core beliefs, world spinning into oblivion,
Dreams of spiraling into nothing, worried I am not,
A glance to chisel the ice, an embrace to warm the soul,
Alone I've been and alone I'll be, this much is true,
Until one day I roll over and I'm peering right at you.

No comments: