Monday, June 24, 2019

Pre-Wedding Nerves

It's Monday and I'm entering the final week before the weekend of my wedding. Well, OUR wedding. We've both put love, money, and effort into what will be taking place next Sunday. Despite how confident I am speaking in front of people and being in front of crowds discussing a wide-array of topics, this is it. My wedding is the one thing that scares the absolute crap out of me. I'm nervous beyond words and I get an overwhelming amount of anxiety each time I think about it. This has nothing about "cold feet" or being afraid of being in a committed and life-long marriage. No. This has to do with it being one of the biggest (albeit expensive) moment of our lives and I just don't want to screw anything up. I'm nervous about so many things. I'm nervous about crying (so many emotions, good and bad), saying the wrong thing (I get weird when I talk in front of people sometimes), doing something stupid (I've never been a fan of weddings until I met Chrissy), and just not having the day be the best possible wedding for my wife. It'll also be a week full of family and friends visiting from out of town and it will be so full of emotions. We have the walk for Kasen the day before and we have a lot of friends and family participating in that. There will be an overwhelming amount of emotions surrounding that day, too. To follow that up with a wedding...my ONLY wedding...might be too much for me. I'm going to say this and I don't mean it in a negative way, but I cannot wait for this week and weekend to come and go. It's just so much pressure, emotion, and nerves, that I'm unsure of how I will react. I love Chrissy and I have no doubts in my mind that she is the only one for me, but, man, I've never been this nervous in my entire life and I still have 6 days until the start of the wedding.

No comments: