Monday, April 13, 2020

Unsettling Times

Like so many of you, I am also fearing what this pandemic has done to our employer's ability to retain us as employees. Despite how much I love serving the Muckleshoot Indian community, I know that they have tough decisions to make very soon as being unable to re-open their gaming businesses has hit their checkbook and they are facing laying-off and furloughing much of their staff. As much as I feel a part of the community and that I will never seek employment elsewhere, I need to start preparing myself and my family for the next step in my career should I be one of the unfortunate. I know that many other families are in much worse situations than my family is, but it still doesn't mean that I cannot fear for my family's future and security. It's amazing how a virus like COVID-19 can cause such animosity in the world and cause entire industries to close and let so many people go. It's sad, scary, and unnerving. I wait for more information to come in before I say much more.

No comments: