Saturday, September 20, 2008

Who Am I?

I often ask myself, "Who am I?"
The answer lies within my soul,
I am what I have always been,
I am what I will forever be,
I am me and nothing more,
A broken heart in need of mending,
A smile that breaks through tears,
A warm embrace that caresses,
A kiss that shatters self-loathing,
A smirk from the executioner,
Glimmer of light in the shark's eye,
All part of me, but I am me,
I am the smile of the graduate,
I am the laughter of a child,
I am the face of a first Christmas,
I am a first kiss' goosebumps,
I am a woman's lingering perfume,
I am the sound of the crashing waves,
I am the smell of the beach,
I am the crack of the bat,
I am the roar of the crowd,
I am the first glimpse shared by a newlywed couple,
I am the face of a new parent,
I am hope, I am free,
I am everything that I want to be,
I am me and nobody can take that way,
I am me despite what other people say,
I am every dream that eventually came true,
I am me and I am the dream that comes true for you,
I am the light at the dark tunnel's end,
I am me and I am your friend.

No comments: